Thursday, February 17, 2011

Its days like today...

     ...that make me miss her the most I think.  Today was a great day!  I honestly can't tell you just how rewarding it is to have the Executive Director of a national Army program shake your hand and say thank you for all your hard work and tell you what a wonderful job you are doing.  That, in my eyes,  has validated everything I've worked for since starting my new job.  Its not that other people haven't said the same thing, because they have...but to have her do it just made all the difference in the world.   And, I SO wish I was be able to come home, pick her up, swing her in the air and give my little girl the biggest kiss in the world.  I just want share my great mood.  I want to show her that Momma's trying to make a difference in the world in some small way.  I want her to be proud of me; I want her to be proud of what we (my coworkers and I) are trying to accomplish; I want her to see what its like to honor those who have served, fought, and died for our country.  I've always had the urge to do something that helps others in some way and my jobs have always reflected that.  I just hope she's proud of her momma.
     Today has been beautiful.  I was actually able to drive home with my windows down and sunroof open.  I love days like today!  Actually, it reminds me of last year, the day I first felt her move.  I was about 17 weeks pregnant and it was just like today.  The first really warm day of the year.  I was on my way home from physical therapy and was jammin to some BuckCherry when I first felt those butterfly wings.  It was an amazing feeling.  I miss that...I can't believe I'm saying that I miss being pregnant!  Granted, my pregnancy wasn't bad...I didn't have a lot of morning sickness or anything, but I remember being so miserable at the end.  Then again, it was sweltering last summer, no wonder I was miserable.  I miss being pregnant...I miss feeling her move in my tummy...I just plain miss her.  I wish she were here so we could go outside and enjoy the beautiful day together.
     I hope you're enjoying the beautiful day from above, baby girl!  I know we're missing you down here!  I love you forever!

2 comments:

Missy said...

She is proud of you! And congrats on the awesome recognition! The summer months are going to be hard. I love the summer but there are so many reminders. All my love to you and Addison!

Jenn said...

Congratulations on the accolades! I wish your sweet little girl were with you and that the missing wasn't so strong. Thinking of you. xx

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved