I am once again joining Franchesca for her Small Miracles blog hop. I have a few small miracles I'd like to share...one that has certainly given me a big reason to smile, but all of them have definitely lift my spirits this month.
1. My new tattoo. I know tattoos aren't for everyone but I love my other 2. They all have special meaning for me, but this one trumps them all.
|It is life size and on my back, just below the nape of my neck.|
|Side by side comparison of the tat and her actual footprints. The|
artist did an awesome job at keeping the detail in her prints. I couldn't
be any happier...well, I COULD but not with the tat. It's exactly what I wanted.
2. Addie's gardens. Yes, I said gardens as she has several dedicated in her memory. They are all starting to bloom and are so beautiful. It's a wonderful thing knowing I can see something grow in spite of not being able to see her grow.
3. Camping. Now that summer is here, we spend almost every weekend on the Potomac River. Good times with family and friends...nothing beats that.
|P's toy...he loves his Dodge Ram 2500 PowerWagon|
|Eating fresh steamed shrimp with great people!|
|Our awning lights are butterflies...would you expect any less?|
|The camper on the right is ours, the left one belongs to my mom and dad.|
4. Road trips. We went to Kentucky a few weeks ago for a family reunion. It was nice seeing everyone, but sometimes I felt as though people were whispering about me. Maybe I was just being too sensitive, I don't know. Still, I got in some good bonding time with Nic, my newest nephew. I can't wait to have one of my own. I never realized just how being a mom comes naturally to me. I hope that one day I'll get my chance. Here's some pics of the weekend:
5. As always, I am thankful for the man in my life. If not for P, I wouldn't survive. He makes me smile, he makes me laugh, he makes me look at life in a whole new way. I'm so lucky.
|He had a mouthful of shrimp...he's gonna kill me for this one, lol|