Saturday, June 9, 2012

Our newest milestone, 32 weeks, and what the future holds...

Well, here we are.  We've made it to 32 weeks.  As of today, we've had 5 IUTs and have the last one scheduled for July 5.  I will be 35 weeks 5 days pregnant on the 5th.

So far, little man has done well in all the transfusions.  He continues to need sedation as he is always active.  It takes him about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to wake up.  This last transfusion was the most successful by far.  The doc was able to push 120ccs of blood which is the most we've gotten in.  They had a really good view of the cord on the U/S machine and I could actually see the blood being pushed into the cord.  Technology is soooooo amazing sometimes.  I could even see the oozing from the cord when the needle was taken out.  The oozing/leaking is normal of course.  Just like a puncture wound to the skin, it's going to bleed for a bit until it clots.  The doc monitors the leaking until it stops just to make sure it actually does stop.

Another plus is that he continues to grow...A LOT.  At last measurement, he weighs in at 4lbs 11oz.  This is at least a pound ahead of average.  I think the measurements are a little off, but he's always measured ahead.  Honestly, I'm not too worried about how big he is.  He's going to be delivered just before 37 weeks, so he definitely needs some extra weight.

Yes, we do have a date, but it may change depending on what my 2 docs decide.  My main doctor in Winchester has scheduled my csection for July 12th (36 weeks and 5 days preggo).  My doctor at UMD is a bit concerned about the early delivery, but hopefully the 2 will be able to talk soon and make a decision.  Honestly, I'm OK about his early delivery.  I know I definitely don't want to go to 39 weeks.  I know it's crazy, but that number just scares me.  I was 39 weeks when we lost Addie...I know lightning doesn't usually strike twice but I don't want to take the chance.

Travelling back and forth to Baltimore has been a pain, but totally worth it.  I've gotten used to the transfusions.  While they still scare me, I'm so glad medical technology has come this far.  He wouldn't have survived without it.

I've slowly been working on the little man's room.  It's finally taking shape.  It's been strange covering up the purple and putting away the girly things, but I know it's for a good reason.  Here's a few pics I took today:




Sometimes it's hard to believe he'll be here in 5 weeks.  It's almost surreal.  Sometimes I don't want to believe it, but it's so hard not to hope.  I love my little Squirmet and can't wait to meet him on the outside.  Here's a few pics from recent sonograms.  Man I can't wait to kiss those chubby cheeks!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's ADORABLE! And his room is looking so nice! You're getting so close! I pray everything continues to go well!

Sarita Boyette said...

It just absolutely amazes me all that has been done to insure this Little One's safe arrival! The technology nowadays is just miraculous. I love his room & am looking forward to meeting Addie's little brother. xoxo

Tiffany said...

32 weeks? how did that happen? thinking of you and praying for the next 5 weeks to pass quickly so you can hold little man in your arms.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved