Friday, July 6, 2012

Six days to go...

With any luck, this time 6 days from now I will be holding my son in my arms...my screaming, breathing, LIVING son. 

Needless to say, I'm a little freaked out.  Well, more than a little....  But, I'm getting through it.  Maybe.

We had our last transfusion yesterday.  The doc also pulled a sample of amniotic fluid to check the maturity of his lungs.  At 35 weeks 6 days, his lungs are mature!  Woohoo!  One less thing we have to worry about.  There's so many things that can go wrong and I know it.  But, for the most part, I'm staying positive.  He's gone through so much already; he's a strong kid that's for sure.

It's been ridiculously hot here, leading to extreme boredom and wandering of the mind.  I think that's made it more difficult to stay positive.  I've been stuck in the house a lot simply because it's so disgusting here.  We've been under a heat advisory since yesterday and air quality has been very poor. In fact, tomorrow, we're supposed to be Code Red which is the worst kind of air quality.

What little time I spend outside has mostly been miserable.  We've gone to my mom and dad's river lot twice since the heat wave hit.  It was nice getting out of the house, but mostly we stayed in their air conditioned camper.  We did go out on the boat one day, which was fine while we were moving.  I think we're finally supposed to get a break on Monday...I can't wait!!!!  85 degrees sounds wonderful!  I don't think I was made to be pregnant in the summer, yet both of my pregnancies have ended right in the midst of summer.

Six days...just six days left.  Can I keep my sanity that long?!  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll be fine.....just hold tight and it will be worth it...not long just a few more days!

Tiffany said...

You can do it! Can't wait to see him!

Alissa said...

<3 Very excited for you, Mary. Can't believe it is so close now. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayer. <3

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved