Well, its been awhile since I've joined this blog hop. I know it's mainly because I haven't been in the greatest of moods. I've been in a pretty gloomy place lately, so its nice to actually be able to write a happy list today. So here are the good things that have happened over the past few weeks.
1. VACATION!!! As much as I hated coming home, I'm glad to get back to a sense of normalcy. We had a great time on our cruise. We're ready to take another one...and soon!
2. Swimming with a dolphin: I have always loved and admired these creatures of the sea. I even have a tattoo of dolphins on my back. It was a once in a lifetime experience to get to interaction with these beautiful creatures. I will, one day hopefully do it again. It was a wonderful experience!
3. March of Dimes, March for Babies: Today was our March for Babies walk. My little team of 6 women raised $730. Overall, our local chapter raised nearly $50,000! Even though it was drizzly, today was a great day. I nearly lost my composure twice as the organizers were speaking about babies gone too soon, but I held it together. As I said this morning...six miles is a long way, but I would walk for ever in her honor and memory because she will forever walk in mine!
|Crossing the finish line!|
4. Her name: Its no surprise that I love seeing her name everywhere. I recently donated to another great cause, River's Run and Ride Rally. This organization raised over $6000 to benefit Faith's Lodge. Deanna, River's mom, created these stars and displayed them at the event. She is mailing Addie's star to me soon. I can't wait to get it. Thanks, Deanna. You can read more about Deanna, her angel River and their cause here.
5. Last but certainly not least is P: This man is my life. He may drive me nuts some days, but I have never loved anyone as much as I love him. He is always there to cheer me on, cheer me up or simply just there. I'm lucky to have found him and can't believe we will be celebrating 5 years of marriage soon!
|There's the one dimple...I just KNOW Addie would have had the same.|
I love this one dimple!
|He's just beginning to stick his tongue out at me.|