Wednesday, December 15, 2010

So, I did it...

No, not that, get your mind out of the gutter, haha.  I ordered Addie a stocking to match ours.  It probably won't be here before Christmas but it doesn't matter.  I don't think I would be strong enough to look at it every day...but I know I'll hang it next year.  The fact is that she is, and always will be, a member of my family.  Still don't know if I will get a "First Christmas" ornament or not though.  I'm just happy that I finally made the decision to order the stocking.  I never thought something so little, even so meaningless, would become such a big deal and such a hard decision to make. 

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Well I'm glad you did...Yes, its small, but in no way meaningless. It means something to you and Pat as well as the rest of ur family! She will always be a part of our lives; she will always be a part of our family celebrations and get togethers...She is loved so much, just as much as Mom and Dad are...xoxoxox

Melissa said...

I love the stocking I got for Mikayla, but I don't think I'll get the traditional first christmas type ornament. I have lots of other ornaments that remind me of her (probably too many and it's only the first christmas without her), but I just feel the first Christmas one is a joyous sentiment and for me it's just not joyous that we are without her for her first Christmas.

Nicole said...

I've been having a hard time trying to figure out if I should get a stocking for Caroline. We actually had a Baby's First Christmas ornament given to us as a gift. These are tough decisions, but you don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with. Just do what feels right to you, when it feels right.
Hugs and prayers during this Christmas without your sweet girl.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved